- Take the same precautions you do when travelling around your own country
- Never flash wealth around, people WILL be watching.
- Listen to your crew's advice when entering a new area.
- Be careful placing valuables when relaxing or in Internet cafe as this is were lots of tourist flock and so do the people who live of them.
- In the end don't worry yourself sick be prudent and keep you valuables in safe secure places.
- Use the safety box that is bolted into the truck to store your important documents while travelling.
Note. we take no responsibility for loss or damage to personal effects.
Below is a general packing list.
- 1 Duffel bag or backpack preferably with an internal or removable frame
- Day bag
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping sheet
- Sleeping mat or self-inflatable mattress
- Good torch and spare batteries
- Pocket knife (Swiss army or Leatherman)
- Sun glasses
- Writing material and diary
- Mosquito Net
- Toiletries + contraceptives
- Washing line & soap
- Water bottle (max 2 litres)
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm jacket or jersey
- Trousers or jeans and track pants
- 1 pair Hiking boots or good quality sandshoes/trainers
- 1 pair thongs/flip flops/jandals
- 1 Towel
- Smart casual attire for eating out
- Antiseptic cream, Betadine is good
- Sunscreen & lip cream
- Insect Repellent
- Cotton wool & sterile swabs
- Dressing pads like melanin or telfa and adhesive tape
- Bandages and Band-Aids
- Pain killers /paracetamol /Panadol
- Ear & eye drops
- Butterfly tape (steri strips)
- Tweezers and scissors
- Water purification tablets
- Re-hydration sachets for diarrhoea
Canoe; on foot; Bus; boat; train, you name it your tour may use it, please see the tour details to see what transport your selected tour uses.
Note: Surcharge for transport costs not specified, due to situations out of our control may be involved in all tours. See booking conditions for further information.
Pl ease remember that if you loose your passport it could take up to a week to get a replacement. This being the case it could spoil your holiday so look after your passport and other important documents.
We accept no liability for items mislaid or stolen while on tour or in safe deposit boxes in hotels. We believe the responsibility to look after your important papers and to make sure they are safe and sound belongs to you.
Some countries require that a photocopy be taken of your entry; these are to be given to hotels. If this is the case your tour leader will advise you on entry.
Without this information your Tour Leader will be unable to allow you to travel with the group.
FD Adventure can offer you comprehensive travel insurance cover specifically tailored to our travellers.
Note: Credit Card insurance.
Some Credit Card issuers provide insurance cover for their customers, however we are unable to accept this 'type' of insurance cover without prior viewing of said insurance, as it may not be adequate enough to cover the requirements of the adventure traveller.
- Yellow Fever Valid for 10 years
- Typhoid Valid for 3 years
The following vaccinations are recommended for travelling but are not required; please check with your GP or vaccination clinic, which are recommended for the areas you are travelling to:
- Hepatitis A 2 Shots 2-3 weeks apart valid for 1 year
- Tetanus booster
- Polio booster
Your GP can arrange your vaccinations or you can go to a specialized clinic. Please ensure that you contact your clinic or GP at least a month beforehand as some vaccinations are completed in stages and can take a few weeks.